Tuesday 22 September 2009

Teaser

After looking at other teasers from the genre of romantic comedy such as The Ugly Truth and the Proposal, I realised that teaser trailers have very short cuts. I haven't been able to find a teaser trailer therefore if I used the teaser trailer of other films to see the conventions of a romantic comedy teaser. I noticed things such as:

-They are edited very quickly

-Have voice overs

-The last usually between 30 seconds - 1 minute

-They mainly have fades and dissolves and very rapid cuts in them.

-They usually have some sort of iconography in them such as either hearts or confetti to symbolise weddings, love etc....

-Examples are films such as The Proposal and The Ugly Truth.

Both of these have very quick shots and their are around 50 shots in both of them. As I was unable to find the teaser trailer to the films that directly linked with my narrative I took the example of The Proposal and The Ugly Truth from this I discovered that teasers are very short and they usually come out much before the film is due to release. The teaser isn't meant to reveal the whole of the film, infact it has very little shots from the film itself and they are only their to advertise the film.

After being able to see some teasers, I have realised that I don't actually need to focus around the narrative as much because I can advertise the film through the actors and actresses. As both the teasers above show.

No comments:

Post a Comment