Saturday 19 September 2009

Instutional Research



I thought that researching Miramax will be benificial because their distribution is quite low budget in comparison to the mainstream distribution companies but even then for a niche distribution company they are high budget and sometimes they don't make as much money because they distribute niche market films that are independant, therefore for my teaser I wouldn't use them because I think they spend too much money on their marketing before the film is released and not enough after the film is released.
I thought that Fox searchlight is probably one of the best distribution companies for my teaser, because they are quite experienced in the marketing area and they have before been successful in the type of film that I want to do. I think they think before they spend money on the marketing, they wait and see how the film is doing for the first week or so after the film is released and then later they market it more, this is better as it gives them an insight of how the film is going to do.
I thought that because my teaser trailer is based around some bits of Bollywood theme I decided to research an Indian distribution company. Unlike Fox Searchlight and Miramax Yashraj Film are a mainstream distribution company and they have also been involved with releases of many films that do very well in the UK therefore I think that having a joint distribution with Fox Searchlight and Yashraj Films because they both have a fair idea of how to distribute the teaser trailer that I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment