Saturday 14 November 2009

some ideas for poster

Below are some ideas for my poster:

I like this image however I think its too typical for a romantic comedy therefore I won't be able to distinguish it from other films. However I was thinking maybe I could have iconography from London and India in the background to show the clash between cultures or like the 'East is East' poster I could just have a plain white background with families in the background and Immad's girlfriend in the background. I could edit it in photoshop.
I like the image above because Huma is holding a wooden spoon to show the domestic housewife role whereas Immad is holding an ipod to show the role of a typical asian boy. The image hints at the narrative, if I was to use this image then again I would add iconography in the background and in the middle write 'East Meets West' maybe in pink and blue to match what they are wearing.

I could have the picture of both the girls with the male lead to hint at the drama that may occur in the film. However I think than there will be too much happening in the poster and there wouldn't be a main central focus.


I like the idea of two guys fighting for one guy which is demonstrated in this picture. I would do this picture again but I like the fact that they are all looking at the audience, this way the audience is able to connect with them and the satorial code again shows some of the narrative and you can tell that there will be some culture clash. I think Immad looks too squashed therefore I would have to do this picture again if I chose it.
Although I have some ideas for my poster I think I will begin the poster possibly next week so I have this week to get my idea straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment